Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tutorial Thursday - Cherry Flowers


Hello, it's Klaudia here.
Today I want to show you how to prepare cherry flowers using Cherry Blossom Flowers Dies.
To prepare my flowers, normally I use a handmade paper but today I tried with Canson Aquarell Paper 250g. I suppose the thinner paper could also be OK but I don’t have it. I started with cutting some flowers.


Then I inked edges of all petals with Distress Inks.


I made cuts on each flower lengthening the petals a little.


I sprinkled all flowers with water and waited a moment until they were wet.


I crumpled wet flowers.



Then I unfolded them and let them dry.


For one cherry flower we need 2 cut out flowers: a bigger and a smaller one.


I placed the bigger flower on the embossing mat (inked side down) and embossed each petal with the stylus tool. Then I turned it upside-down and embossed the center.


I placed the smaller flower inked side up on the embossing mat and embossed each petal with the stylus tool. Then I embossed the center.



I glued together 2 flowers putting the smaller one to the top.


I pierced the center of the flower with a paper piercer.



I pulled the stamens through the hole, adding some glue. I used only one stamen for smaller flowers.


When the glue is dry, cherry flowers are ready.


Thank you for stopping by. Klaudia

8 comments:

  1. A great way to make flowers. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tutorial .. Where can I get the stamen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've bought my stamens on etsy.com :)

      Delete
    2. Kimberly, you can also find stamens at Michaels in the cake decoration section - they have some made by Wilton Cakes :-)

      Delete
  3. this is totally awesome - can't wait to make a few hundred of these. TFS this easy tutorial and glad I have this wonderful die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for tutorial, this is very beautiful flowers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial thank you Klaudia. I'm off to make some flowers now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Awesome tutorial! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete