Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mom...Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hello and happy Sunday La-La Land Ohana!  Can you believe it's already May?!!  Time is just flying by!

I'm here today to share a card I made for my momma.  Today is not only the first day of May, but also her birthday!  I chose the cute Cupcake Marci to shine on her card, (Thank you Irina).  Of course I had to pair her up with some fun cupcake paper, and I just happened to get some in the mail the other day, (Thank you Irina).  I paper-pieced her outfit with some scraps from a project Renate and I are working on, substituted a paper rose to her hairband and colored her in with Copics.  I also substituted the heart on top of the cupcake for a yellow rose, which I stamped.  Here she is up close:


The rest of the card came together pretty quickly.  A fun sentiment, a hand-cut banner, a MS border punch, another paper rose, some distressing and here is what the finished card looks like:

This card is going to be accompanied by a yummy lemon-meringue cake, my baker friend made for me.  That's my mom's favorite pie, but she wanted to experiment with a cake version.  Can't wait to taste it.

Ok, just a reminder you can purchase any of the wonderful and cute stamps from La-La Land in the store.  Digital image or deeply edged red rubber, your choice, either way you will love them all.  We are enjoying your project & card submissions you all have been uploading.  Keep em' coming!!  We like to see a full Customer Gallery! :)

Happy May 1st everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!  MAHALO for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Leanne

1 comment:

  1. LiloooooshagggymOOOHHtooohh! I love it! I love all the alterations and the colors. It's amazing because it's bright and warm at the same time. Happy Birthday Momma Poe! I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete