Wednesday, November 25, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #14 - Recipe

Hello everybody and welcome to another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

It's Maureen and I'm your hostess for this week's challenge! Before I get to the challenge, I'd like to thank everyone who played in our Thankful Challenge last week and congratulations to our Top 3! You all made such wonderful creations!

I decided to do a recipe challenge, specifically a 3-2-1 recipe, because I think they're lots of fun! I've chosen 3 patterned papers, 2 colors of cardstock (white counts as a color), and 1 type of embellishment.

Now since opinions can differ as to what is an embellishment, I've made a list of the 'bellies that I think have more visual "weight" and count for purposes of this challenge: ribbon/lace, buttons, gems/pearls/acrylic drops, beads, charms, brads/eyelets, other metal hardware and flowers. So pick one type off the list, but you can use as many of that one type as you like! Anything that's not on the list is ok (such as glitter, liquid applique, punched pieces, Flower Soft, etc.). I hope this isn't too complicated and that you have fun with this challenge!

Here's what you need to do to participate:

1) Create a NEW card or other papercraft project for the challenge using the above recipe.
Yes, you may combine challenges!
You may use any stamps, but if you've got some La-La Land stamps,why not show them some love?!

2) Link your card or project to Mr. Linky below by Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at 11:59pm PST (GMT-8).
Be sure to link directly to the blog or gallery post featuring your entry!
If you post your card on Splitcoaststampers, please use Keyword: LLWWC14.
If you are also using a stamp from La-La Land Crafts, please use BOTH keywords LLLC and LLWWC14.

3) Create the link to this challenge (link back to us) in your blog or gallery post

As always, the Top 3 will get to put this adorable button on their blog:


And the project with the most votes will get the stamp I used on my card this week, Winter Lala:


To get you started here are some examples from the DT and Guest DT:

Maureen ~ Winter Lala


Jane ~ Christmas Rosie with Bird


Kathy ~ Angel Lala


Lisa ~ Angel Lala


Kim ~ Building Snowman Maya



Elena ~ Down the Slopes Rosie


Katie ~ Birthday Lala


Kristine ~ Santa Lala


We hope you'll play along with us! ~The La-La Land Crafts Team



1. Kim T
2. Piali
3. Victoria
4. lilacanglia
5. Adrina
6. farida
7. Marianne
8. 1LuvnMama
9. Teri S
10. Janna
11. Kimmie
12. Terry EO
13. Lori Leng
14. Alicia
15. StephC
16. Kris
17. Gini Cagle
18. Kathy W.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

  1. Irina, this is a cool challenge - thanks for the extra details - not confusing at all. The DT is so talented; just love all the creations you do. You never disappoint and always inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great samples from the team! making me eager to get started on one!! Fabulous jobs girls!!! hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge - got me thinking for a bit!
    Mine is with Mr Linky.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge. Sorry if my pictures of my entry are blurry. My camera died and I am trying to figure out my husband's camera. :) Entry is with Mr. Linky.

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge. Glad I made it in on time. Thanks, cant' wait to play in the next one too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't make it by the Sunday deadline. But I would still like to share the card I made for this challenge:

    http://lem-photography.blogspot.com/2009/11/finally-card.html

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete